domingo, 15 de septiembre de 2013

Sebastian Ingrosso on Work Bitch: "I didn´t write it"

The former Swedish House Mafia DJ says he didn’t write “Work Bitch,” but one of his protégés did.
On Wednesday, Britney Spears posted a photo on Instagram that appeared to reveal the writers of her forthcoming song, “Work Bitch.” But today, one of those supposed writers has confirmed that he did not work on the song. DJ and former Swedish House Mafia member Sebastian Ingrosso stated emphatically on Twitter that he is not one of the song’s writers.

“I don’t really know why they put my name in there,” Ingrosso told Billboard this afternoon. “It’s a really good song and I’m looking forward to what’s going to happen with it. But I can’t really take credit for it.”
Even though he didn’t write “Work Bitch,” Ingrosso is personally responsible for the song’s beginnings.
“I’m good friends with will.i.am,” he said. “He called me up and said ‘I’m doing Britney’s new album, do you have any beats for me to write on?’”
One of the beats the Black Eyed Peas frontman selected was by an artist Ingrosso manages, fellow Swedish DJ Otto Jettman, better known as Otto Knows. Based on how hands-on Ingrosso typically is with his artists, the mix-up, he says, is understandable.
“I’m always involved musically with the people I manage,” Ingrosso explained. “I manage two artists right now, Otto Knows and Alesso, and I’m always involved. I say to my artists, ‘You should do a little more like that, maybe do it more like this,’ that’s my job.”
Ingrosso has previously worked with will.i.am on his 2012 hit with Eva Simons, “This Is Love,” alongside Steve Angello, also of Swedish House Mafia, and Max Martin. Angello and Ingrosso also produced that track. While he says there are no plans for an Ingrosso/will.i.am collab at the moment, it’s still an option for the future.
“We have a good connection,” he says of his relationship with will.i.am. “You never know. I don’t care if it’s Britney Spears or if it’s Led Zeppelin. I love music.”


Britney Spears’ new single, “Work Bitch,” drops this Tuesday.

Source: Billboard.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario